Tuesday 10 August 2010

Why I do what I do?

I get asked sometimes what motivated me to become a personal trainer?

Well as a child I was brought up in a household that consisted of my father who was suffering from Coronary Heart Disease and stroke and my mother who was suffered from Bi-Polar disorder. My father’s side of the family all suffer from obesity, diabetes and general Ill health so I myself have a higher risk factor to these illnesses.

I believe that no mater how more genetically predisposed you might be to certain illnesses I believe that you can live a healthy and energised lifestyle if only you make the effort.

I absolutely believe that the correct nutrition and the right prescription of exercise is the best preventative medicine for the majority of illnesses becoming so common in our society.

My mission is to help and educate people who want to stand out from the crowd and culture of un-wellness and live a wholesome and long life absent of preventable diseases and illness.

Regular exercise combined with the right nutrition also leads to a better looking body which in turn helps improve self esteem and confidence. I know it has helped me and numerous clients feel better about themselves and more able to face the challenges that life throws at us.

I believe I am most effective in this world when I am helping people and I derive great satisfaction from doing this.

1 comment:

  1. That last bit says it all. Keep doing what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete